quicktime controls & automatic start
SimonBaum09
2009-04-01 21:28:01 UTC
Hi

By default Movies are paused when controls is selected. How can make a Quicktime Movie start automatically although the Movie controls is selected?

Regards

Simon
Mike Blaustein
2009-04-01 21:50:42 UTC
on beginSprite me
sprite(me.spriteNum).movieRate=1
end
WOMP
2009-04-02 10:21:50 UTC
I find that it is more reliable although more complex to do it this way.
One thing in particular that works better this way is getting a reliable
duration when using the MPEG Advance Xtra although, in your case, I realize
that you're not using it.

property pInit

on beginSprite me
pInit = FALSE
end

on exitFrame me
if pInit = FALSE then
pInit = TRUE
sprite(me.spriteNum).movieRate=1
end if
end

This is also the more logical way to do it since it gives the QT movie a
chance to initialize.

Craig
--
Craig S. Wollman

Word of Mouth Productions
159-00 Riverside Drive West
New York, New York 10032
(212) 928-9581
end
Sean Wilson
2009-04-02 02:24:11 UTC
Mike's supplied the answer to your question, but in general many have
been asked (and answered) previously, so don't forget to search the
forum before posting.
SimonBaum09
2009-04-02 06:04:26 UTC
Sorry, I was in a hurry. I will next time, promised!

Thanks a lot anyway!

Simon