Shockwave parseUrl()
Ang-O
2009-03-26 19:43:21 UTC
I'm using the XML Parser.
It works fine in edit mode and as a projector.

[b]It does not work when I publish to shockwave.[/b]

I've worked with Director for years, but never did a shock before. So, I'm
guessing I'm ignorant of some Shocking Truth (pun intended!!).

Thanks for any help!!!

Angelo

errCode = gLessonXMLObject.parseURL("@\data\en_tbl_Lessons.xml",
#lessonParseDone)
Sean Wilson
2009-03-26 21:36:01 UTC
The XML Parser xtra is a scripting xtra, not an asset xtra, so isn't
automatically added to your movie's xtraList, much less marked as
"Download if needed..." - and that last part is crucial as it isn't part
of the slim installer.

So: open your Director movie in the authoring environment, open the
dialog at Modify -> Movie -> Xtras and make sure the xtra is listed (Add
it if not) and then select it in the list and ensure that the "Download"
box is checked.
Ang-O
2009-03-27 17:04:47 UTC
Thanks Sean,

I have done that. I also downloaded a simple XML demo file that does work fine
and am trying to see what the differences are.
[num]1. I've read about the dswMedia directory and am a little confused about
that. Does everything go in there or just linked casts, etc?[/num][num]2. Is
there any other differences between Shock and projectors?[/num]
I know I'm missing something simple.

Thanks!!

Angelo
Ang-O
2009-03-27 18:01:56 UTC
It appears that my initial exit frame where I check for parsing to be complete was not right. The program was moving on before everything was parsed.

Thanks!!

Angelo